Is there anyone else out there that like me gets a free day off of work and has so many ideas about what I'm going to do, only to not get much at all done.

We were closed today because of Veteran's Day. So my brain immediately starts spinning, laundry, get the kids winter stuff out of the storage building, clean the bathroom, lets shoot for the entire house. Before I even got started this morning my Doctor called and was going to call me in a new prescription, great the pharmacy is 35 minutes away there goes at least 1 hour and 10 minutes and that is just driving time. Jordan then reminds me of a ballgame today at noon, there goes another couple of hours. What I did get done today was 3 or 4 loads of laundry, a bath, a ballgame, meds picked up, something to cook for dinner picked up, talked to a girlfriend for about an hour this morning, dishes done, picked the kids up from afterschool computer lab at 4. My day disappeared before my eyes. This I tell ya stunk! Oh, well maybe next time I won't plan anything.

Comments

Teresa said…
I know EXACTLY how you feel!! The same thing happens to me. I don't know why it would be so hard for me to plan a day of doing nothing but fun or relaxing...but it is. :)
Jen said…
I'm sitting here trying to think of a way to tell you that I am EXACTLY the SAME WAY!!! It drives me NUTS! I'm even worse though...I will do that with an HOUR. If I have an hour where I don't have anything I HAVE to do..I will get a zillion ides of what I should do and then before I realize it, it's wasted away and I got NOTHING done. GRRRR...and then I beat myself up about it for the next several hours saying "why did you go and waste that hour?"
Anyway, by the sounds of it...you actually got a LOT done in your day...just not the stuff you were "fantasizing" about! Sometimes we try to do something in 8 hours of "free time" that in reality will take a couple of DAYS! our minds are bigger than reality. Anyway, next time, maybe think of what you would REALLY like to accomplish and then get started on it immediately.....at least then you at least did a little of it. Speaking of..I'm going to get off this computer and go scrapbook RIGHT now before I run out of time and don't get to do it. :o)
(So glad to be back talking to you!)

Popular posts from this blog