I am so going to do this!

I have so been putting off this post, why you ask? Hmm, let see embarrassment, guilt, shame, just to name a few. I have decided that it is time to get the word out and to get some help and I have also started feeling better and so maybe now I can do something about it. If you have kept up with me at all you know that over the last year to 18 months I have dropped a lot of weight. I went from a size 20 to a size 4-6. Well about a month ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and over the past several months I have gained about 20 pounds and needless to say I feel FAT! But more than that I am exhausted. Before I was diagnosed and knew what was wrong I was just tired and just wanted to sleep and sleep I did so not only did I gain weight but I have lost a lot of muscle tone. Last month I finally went to the doctor and he started me on some natural meds to get me back on track. I didn't think they were working, honestly I didn't. I woke up this morning with a spring in my step. I feel guilty that I have aloud this to happen to me but I also know what I have to do about it. I am headed to the track at lunch. I feel like I have been in a cloud for the last several months. Don't get me wrong, my energy level is still way down and I still feel like I could use a nap but I have that thought in my head maybe if I just go for a walk I will feel better so I am going to give it a try, instead of relaying on sugar rushes. I would really appreciate all of your prayers and support. Thanks girls. I think me and my elliptical may even become friends again.

Comments

Jen said…
Bev, you can't beat up on yourself about this. Obviously it is a medical situation---not a problem with you being lazy or unmotivated. You have been such an inspiration to me throughout this past year(s) as we have both trekked through the journey of losing weight. (though you were always beating me!! :o)
Anyway, I have no doubt that you will be right where you want to be again soon! You have the willpower (you've proved that) and now you know what's going on with your body, so you have the tools to take care of that. Keep us updated on your progress...so we can keep encouraging you every step of the way! I don't know how I would have ever lost weight (and gotten on the fitness bandwagon if it weren't for the prodding and encourgament from Kandy). Friends (support) is very important--more than we realize sometimes!
You can do it!!
Ps. If you gained 20 pounds--you're proably not too far from MY weight then!
Anonymous said…
Bev,

I like the new Blog look!

Also, I think you look very good right now. When I saw you guys at the wedding, I was really impressed with how great both you and Angie look. Speaking from experience, this is the hardest part of the weight fight. I always seem to be either loosing weight or gaining weight. If you are like me and have this same struggle you will need to just set yourself a weight range and try your hardest to stay within it. I have set myself a 15 pound range that I try not to go below or above. When the doctor gets your meds stabalized, I am sure you will feel like exercising again.

I will be praying for you.

Love ya,
Debbie Sanders
KC said…
Hey Bev! It's so good to see that you are blogging again. I like the new look...very cute!

At least you caught this medical problem, and can get it all straightened out. Just hang in there...and don't give up. You'll have your energy back in no time. Plus, remember that the more you exercise, the more energy your have and the better you'll feel. :)

I'm kind of like Mom. I have a 10 lb range. If I start getting close to the top of that range, I start working harder to get it back down to where it normally is. I keep it pretty steady most of the time, but i have to keep a close eye on it, especially through the holidays....Yikes! :)

Popular posts from this blog