So many ask but do they really want to know!

I started this lifestyle change as I like to call it the first of June and when I started I weighed (I can't believe I'm doing this) 191 and today I weigh 146. So needless to say I have lost a lot of weight really fast. So for some reason people think I have found this instant cure. They come up to me and say so Beverly what are you doing and when I start telling them that I have changed my diet such as they way I cook(no oil, no butters, no fatty meats, starchy food, things such as that) and I exercise every day, it's like I loose them. They go somewhere else, like they expected something else. I honestly have done this by a total lifestyle change. I have changed everything. I don't use sugar for anything anymore, I have changed to skim milk( I buy 2% for the kids), I fix a lot of the same meals we use to have I have just changed the way I prepare them. I just don't use butter or margarine I use I can't believe it's not butter spray. I eat earth grain vegetable fiber grain bread. I have changed so many things I don't think I could ever list them all. But the main thing it I am committed to being a healthier, happier me. I don't want to die young from a preventable disease that my diet and some exercise could have changed. It's amazing how people almost expect me to say I'm on drugs or something. I just can't believe it. I count everything I put in my mouth, I don't drink anything but water, and I exercise daily. That is all I do. I am at a point where things have slowed down but I knew that I would get to this point but I am no quitter and I will carry on. I have about another 20 pounds to loose but I already feel so much better. I just want to thank everyone for their encouragement and kind words during this, it has helped so much. Just a short story before I go, I was sitting at my desk the other day and a older man came in to pay his water bill. He looked at me and ask me where the lady that normally worked here was, I looked back at him and told him I was sitting right there. He looked at me and was like Oh my goodness Hun you've lost a lot of weight are you ok, your not sick or anything are you. After I told him I was fine I was just taking better care of myself, he told me how much better I looked and that I didn't even look like myself. I thought that was amazing that I had changed so much that people didn't even recognize me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations Bev!!!

A 45 pound loss is fantastic. You need to post another picture so we can all see the progress.

Maintaining weight loss can be challenging; however, I know that you will be able to maintain your loss since have lost your weight by changing the way you cook and by exercising. The folks who do the up and down yo-yo weight are those who take pills or have surgery and don't committ to a lifestyle change.

Love ya,
Debbie Sanders
KC said…
CONGRATULATIONS BEVERLY!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I can't even tell you how proud I am. YOU did this, YOU changed your lifestyle and are living a happier/healthier life.

We have 1 body, 1 chance, so lets take care of it by providing it with healthy nutritious foods, and give it the exercise it needs to become strong.

Incorporate some weight training into your routine, and it will help you get past this platue. E-mail me if you have questions or need ideas of what type of exercises and how much weight.

Yea Beverly!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! Post a before/after picture for us! :)
Jen said…
You said once that I was an inspiration to you...but sweetie pie...these days..YOU are MY inspiration! I am so motivated by reading this post! You are doing EXACTLY what AMERICA needs to do. I hope Logzie reads this post of yours...because you have found the KEY! I know what you mean though about people not wanting to hear you did it by diet and exercise. They want something "easy" and something that you can just buy at the store and take and it will make it all better. Whatever! There is no single pill you take to make you fat either. It comes with every minute of the day and every bite that you take..just like weight loss does! You don't gain it instantly and you don't lose it instantly. I can't tell you how great it is to hear that you've done this. You know...it's great for what it's done for you..but just think of what you've done for your KIDS! Because of you and how you've changed things....they will learn to live healthier, happier lives.
Way to Go!!!
Logzie said…
WAHOOOO!!!! That is so awesome Beverly! Thanks for sharing this...I would totally love to see before and after pics like Kandy mentioned. You are an inspiration to me. I am so glad that you DON'T take pills because to truely be healthier, this is the only way to do it! I loved how Jen said that there is no pill to make someone fat either. Great point Jen! Thanks for sharing Beverly and I plan to use a couple of your suggestions with the butter etc.
Jen said…
Heeelllllllloooooooooooo! Is anybody there???????????? ha ha ha
just kidding Bev but I did want to let you know that I am still checking your blog every day for a new post... Hope you and your family are doing well. Write and let us know if/when you can!

Popular posts from this blog