I just wanted to update everyone on my Aunt Mary. She started her chemotherapy and radiation therapy on this past Thursday. She will be having radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks and she is taking chemo by mouth daily and also she will be recieving chemo intraveneously every 21 days, I believe. The chemo will also be for 6 weeks. She will then be scheduled for surgery sometime in November.

We got to see her today and she looked sick but better than I expected. The treatment have made her extremely sick and with the mass where it is she is having trouble going to the bathroom which in turn makes her sick. The treatments are also throwing her blood sugar all over the place, she is a diabetic. She is in good spirits though trying to make everyone feel better and letting everyone know that she is okay and would continue to be okay. Her husband Scott is just wonderful. Her son got married today and Scott sat through the entire wedding fanning her. That I tell ya made me want to cry. Mom told him as we were leaving "you take good care of my sister" Scott's reply was I have to she is my wife and this was said with all the love in the world. My aunt Mary and Scott's marraige all kind of blew us away because Scott is 20 years or so younger than her but we could always tell they loved one another. Seeing him with her now just has shown us exactly how much. I am so glad she has him.

Mom is coping some better or she is at least dealing better in front of people. I think it has helped her being able to see Mary the past 2 weekends.

We appreciate all of your prayer for my Aunt Mary and my Mom.

Comments

Teresa said…
Hi Beverly,

Hang in there, I think about you often! God is good!

Popular posts from this blog