THIS STINKS I MEAN IT, IT REALLY STINKS!

I don't even know where to start. As most of you know my husband has an 18 year old daughter, her name is Bethany. Bethany came into my life when she was only 5 years old. So as you can imagine as the years has gone we have became not only by marraige but by building a relationship mother and daughter. Bethany turned 18 in January and the fun really began. I hope you can hear the sarcasm in my voice. She had literally turned into this kid that we don't recognize anymore. Okay so I know that I wasn't the easiest child to raise and that I nearly gave my parent a heart attack when I married my husband whom already had 2 children when I was only 19 but I promise you I was listening to God. I mean look at us 11 1/2 years later. We are doing wonderfully and love each other more than we did then. I see Bethany running with the wrong kids, doing things I never would have dreamed of. Then she sends me a text message last Friday(here is the kicker) she wants to know what I think about her joining the National Guards. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR First off all of my kids know where mamma stands on this, they don't have to ask. Secondly she don't really want to know she just want to get my blood to boiling. So anyway we end up in a very heated discussion while I am still at work no less that continues all the way through my grocery shopping trip. I finally calm down and pray about this situation and realize nothing I can say to this child will ever change what she is going to do. I sent her an e-mail letting her know that I really thought she needed to pray about this. I also told her that no matter what her decision that I wanted her to know that I would always be there for her because I love her so very much. I may not have carried that kid in my womb but I will forever carry her in my heart. She has since done her best to convince me that this is the best thing for her and there is nothing I can do to change her mind. She is going next week to get her physical and sign the final papers. It breaks my heart that she is doing this but I know that I can't do anything to stop it.

Comments

KC said…
Your still alive! Yea! I was begining to think you had just dropped off of the face of the earth, since you haven't updated this site in forever! haha :) Just kidding!

Hang in there girfriend. If this is what she really wants, you can't talk her out of it. Plus it may actually be good for her. Just pray for God's wisdom and guideance for all of you.
Love ya!
Kandy
Jen said…
I'm so ignorant....but why are you so against it? I don't even really know what it is for sure...but isn't is just something you do like one weekend a month and they pay for your college?
I could be totally wrong...??
She wouldn't have to go over seas or anything would she?
Personally, I'm impressed with her just that she is thinking about something beyond boys and clothes and friends. So many of our hs seniors (from what I can see) are SO into themselves and their little lives...that the don't realize there is a bigger picture and they are about to jump head-first into it...and if they don't have a plan..they're gonna be like lost little puppies not knowing what to do or where to go. I can tell you really love and care about her!
Beverly said…
Normally when we are not at war it is something that you do one weekend a month and during the summer. Since we are at war the national guards are active so they are being sent overseas.
Logzie said…
I think you are looking at this in a great way. You tried to talk her out of it. You realize that she will only do what she wants anyway and yet you still support her. That's love. I loved it when you said that you may not have carried her in yoru womb but will always carry her in your heart! That's AWESOME.
Stacy said…
Raising someone else's kids is hard. My hubby has 2 besides our son. I have been around for 7 years and they are just now getting to where they have a somewhat respect for me... sometimes... maybe

Popular posts from this blog