Peace, Quiet, Stillness and yet why can't I enjoy it.....


It's Sunday morning and I have sent my family off to church is why... I am so suppose to be with them but after the last few day I know that I cannot sit through Sunday School and then morning worship.. My body for one is so sore and stiff it would never make it. I feel like a old lady( no offense to anyone out there but this is for the birds). Secondly I fall asleep at the drop of a hat and I believe that would be quite embarrassing. So I sent my Hubby and boys off this morning without me.
I knew I had a great husband but he has really proved himself over the last few days (not that he had to). I had my hysterectomy on Thursday morning and so not to interrupt the boys schedules to much I got up early that morning and went over and had my mom drive me to the hospital. Donnie stayed home so he could get the boys off to school and he got to the hospital in plenty of time before I went back to surgery. He and mom were the first faces I remember seeing when I woke up, they were standing out in the hallway waiting on me as they pulled me out of the recovery room. The hospital didn't have an private rooms available so they put me in the Pediatric unit in a semi-private room. They did that cause they knew they wouldn't put another adult back there(it's a locked unit and my mom is a nurse at the hospital so they did it as a favor so that noone else would be put in the room with us). But beings we were in a semi-private room it was against the fire code to put a sleeping chair in the room and I couldn't convince my sweet hubby I was ok enough that he could leave. We had a really bad nurse during the day that treated me as someone who was there seeking drugs and never could get her to do anything about all the pain I was in. My poor hubby slept in 2 chairs 1 for his body and 1 for legs. Needless to say he didn't get much rest that night. I don't know how he did it. Then he came home to take the boys to school, got me breakfast and came back up there. He was exhausted.
I don't know how many of you have been through a hysterectomy but man o man this is nothing compared to what I was expecting. I just know it has to get better. They ended up having to take everything out except 1 ovary. They were going to leave both of them but when they got in there 1 of my fallopian tubes was covered with cysts, she tried just removing the cyst but it caused so much bleeding that they just had to remove the entire thing. I didn't expect it to hurt so much being there weren't any external incisions but afterwards I was told there were lots of major muscles cut internally it why it hurts to much. Like with everything I ever have done my bladder went haywire. They came in and took the catheter out on friday morning and 6 hours later I still hadn't went to the bathroom. Big shock to me, I knew that this was going to be an issue, it always is. Of course the evil day nurse was back and I couldn't get her to do anything. So I called my little sister who is a RN and happens to work at clinic branched off of the hospital just to see if she had any ideas. She told me she'd call me right back. She called me back and told me she had called and talked to the nurse at my Dr.'s office and that my Dr. was standing right there the entire conversation. It wasn't but a few minutes that the "day nurse" came down and said this is what Dr. Chambers called and said to do and listed some stuff and then she said and by the way I wasn't ignoring you I was just helping someone admitt a baby. I never said she was ignoring me, she just wasn't doing her job, she didn't care that I was hurting and when I did ask for meds she treated me like I was drug seeking and to top it all off she treated me like it was my fault that I couldn't make my bladder work. So I came home friday without being able to pee(my mom and sis. are both nurses) I had to be straight cathed twice, which hurts like crazy. When I woke up on Saturday morning I thought I was dying, I guess being we didn't sleep any on Thursday night I just slept straight thru on Friday night and on Saturday morning I was hurting so bad. I got up and went straight to the bathroom and was actually able to tinkle a little, hey a little is better than nothing. So I took a pain pill and drink some milk thinking that is wouldn't make me sick. I went to mom's and got into her tub(her's is deep and covers up my tummy really well) that stupid pain pill made me so sick. Lesson learned no matter how bad your hurting don't take the meds without food on board. Then I had to take some phenegran to make my tummy settle down. None of this was pleasent. After all this medicine I pretty much slept all day yesterday. I did wake up feeling a little better today, I am still very sore and very tired. In fact I just took a shower and that took all the energy I had so I think I am going to go take a nap before everyone comes in. Thank you for your prayers, and please continue to uplift us.

Comments

Logzie said…
You poor thing!! How frusterating! I am so sorry that you are still hurting. I'll be praying for you for a quick healing and recovery. That nurse sounds like she was not nice at all!
Jen said…
Ohhh...so glad to see a post from you! I've been thinking about you a lot and wondernig how things went with your surgery. Sorry it's so awful! I'm happy to hear that you have a caring and thoughtful husband though! That really helps!
Don't let yourself feel guilty for resting...you NEED it! Keep us updated!
Anonymous said…
Bev,
I am so glad to see your update. I have been praying for you and wondering how you are doing. I remember your bladder problems from when the boys were born. I will continue to pray for you.

Love ya,
Debbie Sanders
KC said…
Hi Bev,
I didn't even know they could do hysterectomy's without scars now. That is amazing!
How are you feeling now? I've been praying for you.
By the way, I love you new Profile Picture! You look AMAZING!!!!! You are such an inspiration to so many people! Keep up the great work.
Love ya,
Kandy

Popular posts from this blog