So much fun!

What a week the boys and I have had. I had to work Monday but have had the rest of the week off. I thought it would be nice to spend some time with them before school starts back next Wednesday. At some points I think that I would love to be able to stay home with them again and then there are times I don't think so. Don't get me wrong I love them but those kids fight like they hate one another sometimes. We got up early Tuesday morning and headed to Gainesville. We started by 2 hours of shopping for school clothes which I was beginning to think was a waste of time until we got to the last store. I got an awesome deal, I don't even remember the name of the store but they carried Lee and Wrangler jeans. I left there with 4 pair of Capri pants for myself, 3 pair denim shorts for Eli, 4 pair denim shorts for Jordan, 2 pair of jeans for Eli, 1 pair of jeans for Jordan and 1 top for myself. I got all of that for right at $110.00. I didn't pay over $9.99 for anything. I was ecstatic because for one my boys have this tummy that is kind of hard to fit for denim but I found all of that for them and what a deal. Last year I just bought elastic waist shorts from Wal-Mart and they cost more than these shorts.
We then went to the Frank Buck Zoo and boy was it hot! I think it was 104 degrees there. I was sweating like mad and of course the kids are running around like O' Mom it not that hot. Huh! So when we finally make our way through the zoo we of course had to ride the train, which I might add turned out pretty nice because there was a breeze. For any of you that have ever been to the Frank Buck Zoo you know that there is this awesome playground there. So guess what we did next, that’s right we had to go play. Generally I love this kind of thing but on Tuesday it was just way to hot. So I let them play for about 30 minutes and told them if we left we would stop off for ice cream on our way home. Bingo you can win them over with that every time. All in all we did have a good day just quite hot.









Eli on the train
Jordan on the train

The boys on the train









Yesterday we spent the day at home doing laundry and cleaning up the house, riding 4 wheelers, jumping on the trampoline and just a little bit of work I had to squeeze in for the Dr's office.

Today we got up and I did a bunch of laundry. Donnie called at 11:30 and we headed to Sherman to meet him for lunch. We were to meet him at Chick-Fil-A but guess what after the kids and I get there and order I tried and tried to call him and never could get him on the phone. We ate our lunch and as we were finishing up he finally called. He had gotten caught up and forgot we were coming. I was so aggravated but being the nice person I can be I sacked his lunch up and took it over to him.

The kids and I then stopped at the pool. I got in for a bit but then found myself a chair and got my book out. After a while I was burning up again, it was so hot, so I got back in. When I got out I moved my chair under a Cabana and thought I would be protected from the sun. Boy was I wrong when I went in to change my clothes my face, arms and chest were so blistered. I guess 4 hours it just a bit much but it was so nice not having to tell the boys don't fight, stop that, go play. I set in my chair with my book and not having to worry about anything. I mean of course I checked on them quite often but there was no fighting or anything just 4 hours of complete relaxation, oh except I time when I seen Jordan go down the slide but never seen him come up. I apparently missed that there were 2 places were you can get out of the pool from the slide. I was really fixing to freak when I spotted him off to the side. Anyway that has been our week. Tomorrow we are going to the vet and bowling. Saturday we are hurricane harbor bound.

Hope you have all had as much fun with your kiddos this week as I have had with mine.


So as I was finishing this up Eli comes running in the room with his finger wrapped in a towel. "Mom I cut my finger". I opened it up and boy did he cut his finger. I wrapped it back up and took him across the street to my mom's. Mom and my sister are both nurses, mom works for a surgeon and Angie works for our pediatrician. Angie opened it up and was like Oh boy he needs some stitches. My thought was crap I can't afford this. With our new insurance our ER deductable is $1500.00 who can afford this. So mom had her hold pressure on it for 10 minutes to get the bleeding stopped. During this time they decided they would just super glue it together and Steri-Strip it. Mom said Derma bond and super glue was the same thing so they'd try it. Thank God it worked. I just hope it stays together. This kid is a toughie he never even cried at all. Life is full of surprises!

Comments

Teresa said…
That does sound like a ton of fun! Sorry about the sunburn...I had terrible sunburn last weekend too. It's just finally feeling okay to touch.

Eli does sound tough to not cry!! Wow!!
KC said…
Ouch, that sunburn looks painful. I can't believe how much you look like your Mom in these pictures. Since you have both lost weight, you now look so much like her! Congratulations Bev! You look great! (well, not counting the sunburn! haha)
Shawn Wiebers said…
I am so glad to learn that you are a blogger and use twitter!! You're cool. Thanks for linking to me.

Have a blessed Day!!!

smw

Popular posts from this blog