Overload!
I use this word in every sense that you can. There has been an all out attack on our family. So much is happening that we just cannot understand. I wish there was button I could push or a wand I could wave to make everything better. I the need to fix everything and I cannot fix this and I hate it. I hate feeling powerless!
My mom sister was diagnosed with rectal cancer almost 2 weeks ago. She seen her oncologist for the first time yesterday and they feel that this is a secondary cancer and that she has a primary cancer somewhere else in her body. It makes me want to scream, I just want to know why. Why does this terrible disease keep raging? Why is it taking all of the people we love? What has she done for something like this to be happening? I just don't understand. My aunt is honestly in really good spirits. She is probably doing better than anyone around her. We prayed so hard believing that the biopsy would be negative and that this would not be cancer. But for some reason it was anyway. I just don't understand why these prayers were unanswered. My mom is a wreck and it is so hard seeing her this way. My mom lost her daddy to cancer 14 years ago and she feels like she is reliving it all again. I think the hardest part is seeing my mom not have any hope. You see she works for a general surgeon and she says that they tell people on a weekly basis that they have this horifying disease. Since finding out about Mary she says it is so hard to do what they have to at work. My mom is the strongest person I have ever met, she is an amazing woman. But mostly my mom loves God with her entire being. Right now she is at the point where she doesn't understand why God didn't answer her prayer, why he didn't do something. She feels like if he didn't answer her prayers the first time why would he now. She sees this stuff all the time and she feels hopeless. I so believe that God will do something although I too don't understand why he hasn't yet. I mean what is he waiting on. Cancer is the cruelest disease known to mankind. Knowing what is does and can do terrifies me. I feel so incredibly sad. My heart breaks for my Aunt Mary and also for Mom. I love them both so much and watching them go through this is heartwrenching. I just want to fix this so that they are not hurting anymore. If I could take their burdens I would do it in a minute, it would all be worth it to not see them in such pain, desperation. Our family is going through so much right now would you please just lift us up in prayer.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bev,

We will be praying for all of you. I feel especially burdened to pray for your Mom.

For the past week or two when I have been opening your blog you have not had anything showing in the current post. I found this last night by lookin in the archives over on the side of your blog page.

We love you and will be praying!

Debbie Sanders

Popular posts from this blog