As many of you know I am the city clerk and court clerk here in the town we live. So with that come this stupid police radio that sits on my desk. I hate this thing and I never use it, I just have to leave it on. Well anyway Friday I had to go around 1 pm or so and get a shot for a migraine and then I went back to work. This stupid radio talks all the time its all of bryan county, grayson county, fire dept, ems, you know all that stuff. I usually just tune it out but I was feeling unusually ditsy (drugged) Friday and I sitting there at my desk and I hear a familiar name come across this thing and then he spells it. I look up at the cop sitting across the room from me and just as nonchalontly as can be say I bet my kid is in that car because that is her best friend. He said sweetie you do realize that was an accident don't you. OH MY GOODNESS NO I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT WAS ACCIDENT!!! ARE YOU CRAZY, DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD BE SITTING HERE LIKE THIS IF I DID. Then to top it off because I just wasn't my self I couldn't find my cellphone so I could call her. So when I finally got ahold of myself I found my phone. She answers her phone so calmly. I was like Bethany where are you, she said with Deanna and I cut her off I was like are you okay I know you were just in an accident. You know my kids have to hate the fact that I have all of that first hand information. Well needless to say she was floored, why should she be shocked! She should expect those things. Thank God everyone was okay. It didn't even hurt the truck they hit. My theory (now that I am the parent and not the kid) teenager and vehicle don't mix. Did I mention since August this is the 5th accident for our family. Mom, Jordan, Eli and myself were rear ended in Dallas, Mom got whiplash and the rest of us were fine. Brenton was in a motorcycle accident in September and ripped is arm open, he had to have stitches. Bethany total her car in October, she walked away fine praise the Lord. In December Donnie and I were coming home from church one Sunday night and a deer took out the whole front end of his little toyota tercel. Then Friday Bethany is riding home from school with some friends and bam Deanna pulls out and hits a pick up. What in the world is going on. I have no clue! But I do know that I serve a MIGHTY GOD WHO HAS IT ALL IN CONTROL.

Comments

Jen said…
Wow Bev! I just got caught up on your blog! That is horrible..but you certainly have the right attitude. Keep trusting in God..No matter what! Glad she was okay.

Popular posts from this blog