(WARNING THIS POST IS NOT SOMETHING MEN ARE GOING TO WANT TO READ)
So the story of my madness goes on....


I think my life just continues to get crazier and crazier. I for as long as I can remember have had just horrible cycles. I have been through every kind of therapy imaginable to treat the symptoms and slow the flow. I have been on the pill, got the depo shot, had the monthly shot, had and IUD place, I even took the pill where u don't stop but like ever 3 months or so, then last year I had an endometrial ablation. That was suppose to make things better although there were no guarantees. Well here we are 18 months later and the ablation only lasted about 8-10 months before my cycle picked back up and started hurting so bad again that I cannot stand them. I have also started having horrible migrains associated with them. I mean I do have migrains anyway but they are typically controlled with an anti-convolsant but lately with my cycle I have breakthough migraines with visual distrubances. So my doctor has told me this week that we have exhausted all of my options and the only thing left to do is to remove my uterus. I almost knew when I went over there she was going to say that but it just made me feel different when she did. It's not like I have any need for it because I cannot have anymore children anyway as much as I would like to and I know it will probably make me feel better something has to. So I am scheduled to have a hysterectomy on November 8th. They are going to do their best to do it vaginally please pray that they will be able to do it this way I do not want to be cut on and if they are able to do it this way I will only be off of work for 2 weeks vs. if they have to cut me open I will have to be off 6-8 weeks. The upside to this is I will be off of work while my boys are out of school for Thanksgiving break so I don't have to worry about a babysitter. Yeah!!!!

Comments

KC said…
Oh No, you poor thing. I do remember you always suffering with this when we were growing up.

My doctor just recently put me on "Ponstel", it is helping tremendously. But I almost wish I could have a hysterectomy, just so I don't have to mess with the cycles, pain, etc.

I will be thinking about you, and praying that everything will be successful. Keep us posted!
Jen said…
Wow! What a huge step! I pray that everything goes well and you have a very fast recovery!
Keep us updated!
Logzie said…
You poor thing! I am sorry you are having to go thru all this! I'll be praying for you. :0)

Popular posts from this blog