So last night I'm sitting here starting to write this and my cell phone starts ringing and I just almost jump through the roof. First off it was almost midnight and no one ever calls me that late, second the kids are obviously asleep and third my mind start racing about what could be wrong. I seen that it was my husband (he works nights) so I figured no big deal he just wanted to talk. I don't think I could have been further from wrong. I swear when he started talking I really at first wasn't even comprehending what he was saying, all I hear is evacuation, bomb, sniper. So I stop him and I ask him WHO IS THIS? I mean honestly this can't be my husband. Then I'm like OK now I need you to start over from the very beginning. He said that one of the guys that works with him left for lunch at 11:30ish p.m. and when he stepped out of the back door of the building he actually stepped on someone and all of a sudden he had a very big gun being held on him. You see when Chris(my husband co-worker) stepped out of the door he stepped on a sniper and and the sniper just flipped over and drew his gun on Chris. Up until Chris left for lunch no one even knew there was anything going on outside at that point that sniper told Christ to get out of there. Chris was like do I go back inside or do I leave and they made him get into a vehicle and leave. At that point they realized there were people inside the building and they evacuated it. You see they had chased a guy and stopped him directly outside Donnie's job and were in a stand off with him and he was armed with a bomb. They evacuated them out a side door by foot because where they had this person is where the employees park. After about 4 hours they somehow got there cars to them. They were never allowed back into their job last night. This man was not subdued until 5:30 this morning more than 7 1/2 hours after it began. The worst part of it is he had just gotten out of a mental hospital from being lock up from doing the same thing in Sherman 8 years ago at the police department where he was to serve a 10 year sentence and he did 8 years of it in a mental institution because he has schizophrenia. He was also charged with capital murder but they had to drop that charge because he was mentally unstable. I just don't understand how someone can do things like this and be put in and institutions for it and get out and turn around and do the same thing over again and they system probably won't do anything more to this time than they did last time. It just really burns me up. I guess more so because you know I thank God he took care of my family last night but the unthinkable could have happened and it would have totally been because they thought for one reason or another that this man was stable enough to be back out in society.

Donnie came in and let me know when he got home around 3am and scared the foey out of me. But as he drove into town he said there was this car the kept swerving all over the road behind him and getting right on his tail. You know for some reason or another last night was just not a night he should have been out. I just praise God for keeping his protection on him. For keeping his hands on him and guiding his steps.

I have lots more crazy stories to share with you from over the last month. I have just been so busy. But it is way past my bedtime girls. Love you all.

Logzie I am so excited about the prospects of the relationship between you and your sister. I have only one sister and that is it she is my best est buddy, and I don't know what I would do without her. I do hope that you and your sister can find something like what we have. I know these relationship's take time to build but O' how amazing they are. There honestly is none like them in the world.

Comments

KC said…
Oh Girl, I feel your pain on this one. Except that my husband is on the SWAT team, and is the one running TO the danger. I have had a lot of sleepless nights, wondering if he would ever walk back through that door. But thankfully God has always taken care of him. Praise the Lord!!!

I have been wondering if you were ever going to update this page again! haha :)
Logzie said…
Oh my gosh!! I was sitting here with my mouth wide open. That's nuts! I am so glad your husband is okay!!!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers regarding my sister situation. I really appreciate it. Honestly, we don't have that much in common at all but I am hoping that she will see the Lord in me and my family and come to know him. That will make all the difference! Thanks again!!!

Popular posts from this blog