Mission: Find new pants!
Mom and I are taking the boys to San Antonio on Sunday and with the weight loss my pants just don't fit right anymore. I actually have one pair that if I don't hand onto them after I have them on they will fall to the floor. So the boys and I left to find me some clothes after I got off work yesterday. Only 1 small problem I just can't see paying $20.00 and up for pants I'm not going to be able to wear very long, I'm not finished loosing weight I still have a ways to go. I went to Ross to see if I could find anything there and I couldn't find anything to suit me, well actually I couldn't find anything under $15.99 so I didn't get my pant there. I did find a couple of really cute tops and they are normal people sizes. Hurray I am out to the plus size clothing! Sorry but that felt good, I haven't been able to buy regular clothing in I don't no how long. I also go the boys some shoes there. I got Eli some really cute Nike's for $19.99 and Jordan some really cute Sketcher's for $16.99. Then I saw it, it was so cute and I really think it called my name. This skirt oh so pretty, but bummer they didn't have one to fit me so I just bought a smaller one to admire until I can wear it, hey it was on sale for $6.00 couldn't pass it up. After I put it in the cart Jordan said "Mommy you look so pretty in skirts and dresses". He's a sweetie!
From there we went to a second hand shop where I found capri's like crazy. I think I left there with 10 pair ranging in sizes. They were so nice I bought the smaller ones to I'll eventually be able to wear them. I also got an Abdoer there, mom has one of these and it really works your abs, I love it so when I seen it for only $10.00 I had to get it. When I got home and tried my pants on (keep in mind when I started I was wearing 18 and some 20's) I can wear a 14 comfortably and a I could get a 12 on and buttoned and zipped but they were tight and I don't like tight clothes. I thought it was pretty awesome.

As far as how much weight I lost I'm really not sure because my scales are really goofed up. I can get on them and weigh, step off, get back on and they weigh me 10 pound different everytime. I go to the Dr. on Saturday and I had to go right after I started dieting so I figure I could see what their scales say and then go get some new ones, so I would no that they are accurate.
One more thing and I promise I'll stop. I had a customer come in the other day who I haven't seen since I started dieting and She walks through the door and the first thing out of her mouth is wow you've lost some weight, you look really good. That really feels good. It's lets me know that all the hard work and sacrafice it worth it. I am not bragging on myself I just am glad that this has happened and that people can see. It really boost you esteem. Since I have been doing transcription work I have really seen what it does to your body when you are overweight and I don't want to be that. I don't ever want to be on of those patients that the Dr. says if obese or morbidly obese in his dication(that would be awful) and I just realized that I am the only on that can change that, and changing it really does feel good. Love to all!

Comments

KC said…
WOO-HOOOO!!!! Can you hear me cheering and jumping for joy?! I am!!!! I am SO PROUD of you!!!!!
Wow, a size 18-20, down to a 14...in about what, a little over a month?! That is so AMAZING!!
You Go Girl!!!!

I am just so excited for you Beverly! Isn't that the best feeling ever, when people notice, and comment "wow, you've lost weight! You look so great!" That is the best feeling in the world. Plus you are right, your confidence level just skyrockets....knowing YOU did this for yourself...it is very empowering.

Walmart has some cute jeans, for your "in-between" sizes (if you cant' find any at g-sales or second hand stores)....what can I say, I am cheap! haha Really though, while I was in-between, I bought things on clearance or at wal-mart. I didn't invest in nice jeans until I hit my goal. Even then I shopped at Ross, TJ Maxx, Kohls, or Tractor Supply (they really have cute jeans: Wrangler 20X Houston or Jackson Low Rise are my favorite).

Girl, I am just so happy for you. You are such an inspiration. Just think of all the people who are watching you, thinking..."Wow! If she can do this, maybe I can too". That is how I got started...I watched my Mom lose so much weight, and I thought "if she can do it, so can I". It was the best thing either of us ever did.

You hang in there girlfriend, and keep up the GREAT Work(outs)!
:)

Love ya,
Kandy
Anonymous said…
YEAH BEV!!!

Isn't it wonderful to be able to fit into "regular" sizes. I was in an 18 -20 when I decided that I had to lose weight. The first time that I went and bought some size twelve's I was so excited that I could buy something I liked rather than just to get something that sort-of fit (but that I really didn't like)!

It continune's to be a battle; however, it is a battle worth fighting. I really didn't like the weight related health issues.

Love ya,
Debbie Sanders
Jen said…
Wow! Kandy reminded me of how to get to your website. I need to add it on my favorites list so I can check in with you more often! WAY TO GO though on your weight loss! That is SO EXCITING. I'm sure Kandy has told you about my weight journey too...going from 188 to about 140. I seem to be stuck around 140-145 now and I'd really like to reach my goal of 130...but at least I am maintaining and not gaining. I know what you mean about being able to fit into regular sizes and pick out things you like and not just what ever you can find that will fit. Once I got down to 140 and was a size 6/8..I could hardly quit shopping because EVERYTHING looked cute! It was totally addicting!
I am so proud of you. I have so many people in my family that are WAY overweight. (my brother is near 400 pounds). I wish I could somehow inspire him to do what you're doing...but he's just not motivated. It's like he's given up.
I will check back with you often. I hope you can post some new pictures soon! I want to see how great you look!!!

Popular posts from this blog